Rules of Conduct - Use of Library Computers
- Internet computers shall not be used for illegal activity. Authorities will be notified if illegal activity is observed or suspected.
- Installation, downloading or modification of software is prohibited.
- Users shall adhere to copyright laws and licensing agreements.
- Users shall not make any attempt to gain unauthorized access to restricted computer files or networks, nor to damage or modify computer equipment or software.
- Patrons shall pay for printing or other fees incurred in the use of library computers.
- Patrons must have a valid PINES library card to use the computers in the Clayton County Library System. In compliance with PINES rules, a user must have fewer than ten dollars in fines and fewer than ten overdue books on the card.
- Patrons may use only their library card to reserve a computer, use of any other person's card to make reservations is not allowed.
- Library computers are offered on a 'next available' basis. The PC reservation system will hold the computer for 5 minutes before releasing it to the next reservation.
- Time limits established by the library for use of electronic resources will be followed at all times. Time limits are subject to change.
- Telephone reservations of library equipment are not permitted.
- Upon completion of a computer session, depending on current demand for the computers, a user may make another reservation. Users are limited to a total of 2 hours of computer usage per day on all library system computers.
- Patrons requesting use of the Guest Pass must be 18 or older and provide valid identification to library staff. Any parent requesting a Guest Pass for a person 17 or younger must be present during computer usage.
- Users must end their computer sessions at any time they are directed to do so by a library staff member.
- Users shall respect the privacy of other users and shall refrain from commenting upon what any other patron is accessing.
- The library computers are set up for individuals. With the exception of a minor who is accompanied by a parent or guardian during an Internet session, only one person per computer is permitted.
- Misuse of library computers will result in the loss of computer privileges, potential loss of library privileges and possible prosecution. Such misuse includes, but is not limited to: using the computer for illegal activities, hacking into the library computer system or any other computer system, damaging or attempting to damage computer equipment or software, interfering with system operations, integrity or security, gaining unauthorized access to another person's files, sending harassing messages, altering or attempting to alter the library's computer settings and violating copyright laws and software leasing agreements.
- No use, disclosure or dissemination of personal information regarding persons using computers at any location of the Clayton County Library System is permitted.
Adopted by the Clayton County Library Board of Trustees on April 12, 2005
See also, Internet Use Policy and Wireless Guidelines.