Can I request a book from a non-PINES library?
Yes. If a book or magazine or journal article you are seeking is not owned by the Clayton County Library System and not available by placing a hold through the PINES catalog, we can often obtain it for you through a network of agreements we participate in with library systems around the country.This service is called Interlibrary Loan.
Guidelines for Interlibrary Loans:
- You must have a PINES card and be a Clayton County resident to request interlibrary loans.
- Your library card must be updated and unblocked (no lost materials or excessive fines).
- Please check the Pines library catalog to be sure the item is not owned by any PINES library. Any material currently owned by a PINES library should be placed "on hold", not requested through interlibrary loan.
- Current / new books may not be requested through interlibrary loan.
- We no longer request textbooks through interlibrary loan.
- We will process 5 requests per patron at one time. This includes requests that have already been submitted, but are not yet completed.
- Fill out a separate form for each book and/or photocopied article desired.
- Please fill out all required fields (indicated by the asterisk symbol *)
- Due dates for interlibrary loan materials are set by the lending library. To renew interlibrary loan materials please call the Interlibrary Loan Department at 770-473-3850. Only the Interlibrary Loan Department can renew items.
- Interlibrary loan materials are borrowed from other libraries. Please return them on time! If these materials are not returned on time, we may not be able to borrow from those libraries again.
- When placing a request, please specify the branch location where you want to pick up the material.
- The shipping charge for this service is usually $2.00 per item unless it is a large and/or heavy item. Photocopies typically have no charge.
You may fill out an Interlibrary Loan forms at any one of our branches or print out the attached form and bring it in to one of our branches to complete the process.