- Freegal Music is service from the Clayton County Library System that allows cardholders to download music for free and to keep. No special software is needed to use the service, and there are no digital rights management restrictions. To get started, you will need a Clayton County Library card in good standing and an online PIN number.
- Patrons in good standing can download 3 songs per week. Each Sunday night at 12am (Eastern time), your counter is set back to zero. After that time, you can download three new songs. Music is downloaded in an MP3 format and, once downloaded, can be played, transferred or burned to a CD.
- There are thousands of artists, tens of thousands of albums, and hundreds of thousands of songs. The Freegal site has more than 100 genres of music and is rich in many of them. The content is based upon a license with Sony Music Entertainment, owner of 54 music labels.
- Freegal Movies is a streaming video service. You will need your Library card number and PIN.
- You can watch 3 different movies or television episodes each week. Each Sunday at 12am Eastern Time, your counter will reset, and you can get more movies. The number of selections you have left is indicated in the upper right hand corner.
- You'll have a 48 hour viewing period after making each selection, during which you may watch it multiple times. You can find your movies that are still available to view under "My Account." After you have had 48 hours with a movie or television show, you will not be able to watch it again for six months.
- Movies from every genre are available. Latest releases are typically 2 to 3 years old.